Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Job Shadow, Sleeplessness and White

He was wearing white today - white shirt, white hoodie. And no scarf. WAY weird. Looked decent, but... it was like... woah. Odd.

Job shadow was great. Talked to lots of people, got passed around, got to help a little, learned lots of terminology, realized what a mess my script was compared to what it should be. All I can say is magnetic glue letters. Yeah. Insane trippy.

As much as I loved it, I'm now seriously reconsidering the backstage work as-a-career. Mostly because of the fact it's not a job -it's a lifestyle and I am already fighting the lifestyle as a volunteer. Maybe go into advertising, marketing, event planning etc. Or if I were to remain in theatre, I'd go for teaching instead maybe - to have some creative control. Or nursing. That's the next job shadow. A new intrest, foriegn policy. Ugh.

10hrs over the last 3 days for sleep. Hopefully tonight will be more restfull. I sure hope so.

We're doing a poety investigation right now, based on themes. I'm doing Time. Really interesting how in almost every poetic description of Time, it is linear, never ending, running parallel with us, assosiated with the Deitys. What if it wasn't? What if, without us knowing, Time is running in a circle, or there is a perpendicular bar of time somehwere. What if time, like a matrix movie, is manipulable? People base thier lifes around time, but what if you lived life and expected time to base itself around YOU.

Food for thought.
And now I'm not going to sleep again.

No comments: